Anabolic steroids, also known as anabolic androgenic steroids are artificial compounds that are similar in function of the naturally produced hormone-Testosterone. The word “anabolic” means muscle building and androgenic means “increased male sex characteristics”. Some commonly used anabolic steroids include equipoise, primobolan, neurabol, dianabol, winstrol, trenbolone, anavar, testosterone and many others. Among various oral steroids, anavar, primobolan and trenbolone are considered to have the least liver toxic oral cycle.
Anabolic steroids are available in many forms, the most common being oral and in the form of injectables. However, they are also available in the form of creams, gels and patches for application on skin. Anabolic androgenic steroids were manufactured in the early 1930s. At that time, it was basically used in the medical world for treatment of various diseases. But, gradually because of its careless use among adolescents, bodybuilders and athletes, sale and manufacture of steroids except for medical purposes have been banned in almost every part of the country. They can, however, be found in underground laboratories and onthe black market.
Any type of steroid can cause side-effects, more or less. Almost all steroids affect the hepatic system as a result of misuse. There are drugs available with the least liver toxic oral cycle. But, steroids taken within prescribed dosages can be considered safe for usage. If taken within recommended dosage limits, anabolic steroids can give benefits.
How You Can Benefit From Anabolic Steroids
- Anabolic steroids have long been used to increase the efficiency of the bone marrow. The drugs have been used for the therapeutic treatment of hypoplasticanemia due to anemia or renal failure.
- Treatment of osteoporosis
- Treatment of patients suffering from malnutrition
- Treatment of cancer and AIDS/HIV
- Treatment of men having low levels of testosterone in their body
Anabolic steroids are widely used among bodybuilders and athletes due to the following reasons:
- Increase muscle mass
- Helps in fat loss
- Increases strength and endurance
- Increases blood cell count
- Enhances performance in sports
- Increases appetite
- Improves metabolism
Besides above-mentioned points, there are many other benefits of using anabolic steroids. The benefits vary from steroid to steroid and on the user’s requirement.
Are Anabolic Steroids Harmful?
Every drug in the world is harmful to your body if taken in excess. Before taking any drug, medical supervision is recommended. Some of the commonly experienced symptoms due to misuse of anabolic steroids are:
- Almost all steroids are harmful to your liver. Due to this reason, drugs having the least liver toxic oral cycleare recommended by doctors.
- Dermatological problems such as acne, hair loss, unwanted hair growth etc.
- Reproductive problems like virility, infertility, gynecomastia
- Psychological problems such as depression, aggression, mood swings, rage etc.
- Cardiac problems
- Renal and hepatic diseases
Apart from above-mentioned symptoms, there are several other health hazards associated with misuse of steroids. Any type of steroid if used within limited doses can prove to very effective but it should always be taken after consultation with your physician.